Welcome to Topsham Tales, the official blog of Topsham Public Library. Join the staff of Topsham for news, reviews and discussion.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Julie

I recently listened to two books (both downloaded from the download library, check out our website!) LITTLE BEE, written by Chris Cleave, and THE POSTMISTRESS, written by Sarah Blake. Both books were full of man's inhumanity to man. LITTLE BEE brought some of the tragedies that happen in Africa to light whereas THE POSTMISTRESS gave better insight into the Jewish plight during WWII. It makes one realize how strong the human spirit can be. I don't know if I can say that I enjoyed these books because some parts were hard to hear but I keep thinking about them and I would recommend reading them. Little Bee is a marvel. Her story ends and you can hear yourself saying, "Nooooooo.....". But her story will definitely stick with you and you will wonder how she kept going. The stories from the Jews in flight will break your heart also but you will be in awe at their strength, integrity and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment