Welcome to Topsham Tales, the official blog of Topsham Public Library. Join the staff of Topsham for news, reviews and discussion.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mariah's Top 5 of 2012



1.  The Night Circus –  Erin Morgenstern
I couldn’t read this fast enough!  When I was finished, it became the book by which I judged every other book I read throughout the rest of the year.  If you haven’t read it, read it!  It’s amazing!


2. Dead End in Norvelt – Jack Gantos
The well-deserved winner of last year’s Newbury Medal.  For an extra treat, listen to the audiobook, read by Mr. Jack Gantos himself!


3. Dragons Love Tacos – by Adam Rubin
Dragons love tacos and parties, but not salsa!  Seriously, any book that can use a line like “Pantloads of tacos” is a winner.  I laughed through this entire book, then cornered anyone else I could find and made them read it as well.


4. The Man Who Ate Everything – Jeffrey Steingarten
A series of essays about food, one of the most notable being dedicated entirely to ketchup.  Who knew ketchup was so fascinating?!


5. House of Leaves – Mark Z. Danielewski
Definitely the strangest book I’ve ever read.  Beware: it may make you afraid of your house…

No comments:

Post a Comment